A power shutdown in the Math-Science Building (MSB) is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, August 8th between 5:00 am – 5:00 pm.
The power in MSB will be shut off so that facilities can correct systemic power issues in the building. With our high availability infrastructure, we are able to maintain the following services without substantive interruption:
- Networking (wired and wireless)
- Email (Microsoft Office 365 and Gmail)
- Learning Management System (HuskyCT)
- Authentication (NetID, active directory, Radius, CAS, etc.)
- Departmental web content management (Aurora)
- University core websites (University Alert Notification System, UConn Today, UConn)
All other centrally hosted IT systems, including Student Administration, will be unavailable during the outage.
We are in the process of coordinating efforts among multiple units, and once the schedule is finalized, will send you an update on the project status. Please do not hesitate to contact us with comments, questions, or concerns.