ITS can provide customers with a virtual machine (VM) with customized storage, RAM, processors, and administration rights.
|ITS VM is offered for:||ITS VM is not offered for:|
|Production, Test, and Development Servers||High-Performance Computing|
|– Application Servers||High-Performance Database|
|– Web Hosting Servers||Servers that require OS level clustering|
|Servers requiring 1-8 vCPU|
|Servers requiring up to 32GB of memory||Vendor products not certified to run on VMware|
In addition to providing customers with a customized VM, we also:
- Implement customer-supplied firewall access rules
- Setup Actifio Backup for servers (7 day, 14 day, or 30 day retention policies)
- Register hostname with DNS in InfoBlox
- Provide protection by VMWare Highly Available (HA) failover within the same location
- Offer point in time snapshots (retained for no more than 2 days)
- Maintain all necessary infrastructure components including physical servers, networking, storage, and VM management software
- Provide ITS standard Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux images
Any planned or unplanned outages will be posted to our IT Status page, and customers will be notified via listserv.
|Memory||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB|
Customized configurations Customers can also choose to customize their configurations.
|Virtual CPUs: 1-8|
|Memory (RAM): 1 – 32GB|
For either suggested or customized configurations, you can also choose to add the following services:
|Tier 2 SAN storage, in 10 GB increments|
|Actifio Backup (7 day, 14 day, or 30 day retention; replicated to remote data center offsite)|