The Applications and Technology Solutions team (ATS) has launched a new version of the myUConn App for Android tablets. The myUConn app is the official app of the university which lets users quickly find dining hall menus, course listings, interactive maps, and real-time tracking of buses along campus routes. Previously, the myUConn app was only available for iPhones, iPads and Android phones. After numerous requests from students and faculty who wanted to access UConn-related information from their Android tablets, ATS finalized the development and release of this new version.
myUConn became available online for Android tablet products on Thursday, November 21, 2013 and is free to download and use. Please note, the Android tablet version is only available for screen sizes 1280×800 or larger. Support for smaller tablets will be available in the near future.
To-date, the myUConn App features include:
- Bus Tracking Service: See a bus approaching a scheduled stop using GPS technology, in real time. Searches are either by bus line or by a particular stop. In addition, one can view all bus routes in full screen and use the device’s touch screen to pinch and zoom for better detail.
- Campus Directory: Browse for e-mail, telephone number, and mailing address of UConn faculty, staff, student, department, etc. Recent searches can be saved, people can be added to contact lists, and perform reverse searches using a telephone number.
- UConn’s Current Course Catalog: Search by career and subject, a specific course and its details, or bookmark courses as “favorites” to view later.
- Interactive Maps: Easily pick an address or building from the menu while seeing its location and pinpoint an exact location while searching by using a helpful locator service.
- Residence Halls Dining Menus: Easily view dining options throughout the current week. Also included is a daily calorie counter and favorites section.
- Live streams: Campus emergency alerts; WHUS 91.7 FM radio; and UConn Daily Digest.
- Student ID Finder: Easily look up Student Administration (SA) ID; requires entering a NetID and NetID password.
- Student Resources: Campus phone numbers, links, and descriptions, which range from tutoring to Public Safety services.
We hope the myUConn app is as useful to you as it is to so many other UConn students, faculty and staff. The mobile development team will continue to seek suggestions and feedback about other helpful resources the UConn community would like included as the myUConn App evolves and features are added.
Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for important news and updates.